When is Career Coaching most useful?
Career coaching can also be beneficial for people who are already working, but who are seeking a change of career or wanting to study further.
Career coaching is particularly useful at the following stages:
In Grade 9, when you need to choose your matric subjects:
- To identify what you’re passionate about
- To recognise your academic strengths and weaknesses
- To expose you to the diversity of job and career options available
- To make sure you know what subjects are needed for certain careers
In Grades 11 and 12, when you’re thinking about what happens after school:
- To explore career options that match your interests, values and aspirations
- To investigate different tertiary institutions and paths of study
- To plan a smooth transition from school to tertiary institutes or the workplace
Young adults who’re already studying or who’ve taken a gap year:
- If you’ve chosen the wrong course of study, and are looking to change courses
- If you’re graduating and soon to be looking for employment
- If you’ve taken a gap year (or two!) after school, but are still unsure of what career to pursue